If you could recommend a cat breed to someone who is about to get a cat, which would be the one you’d recommend?
Here’s your chance to let new cat owners know.
The top 10 cat breeds according to the CFA, are:
If your favorite cat on this list?
If so, let us know about it!
if not, then let others know so that they can find out more and choose a cat that they like.
Here are the reported most popular breeds of cats from the Department of Animal Care and Control in the US:
Domestic Medium Hair
Domestic Long Hair
Norwegian Forest Cat
The list is different as you can see.
Maybe the cat population is really hard to track.
The states with the most registered cats in the US and Canada are:
The things which cause people to choose one cat breed over another include:
1. The cat breed they got to know as a child
2. The breed of cat which they were recommended by a family member or friend
3. The cat breed which they did research online
4. The breed of cat which they saw as pictures in a cat book or magazine
5. They bought from a pet shop instead of a breeder and chose from the available breeds
So let us know your favorite please, and also how you came about to choose that breed.